I could have omitted the sarcastic comment, but it wasn't directed at any particular person. The fact that Dave started the professional page made me think he isn't as concerned about advertising as some guys on here believe he is. As for the doxxing (I had to look that up...), I don't know (or want to know) how y'all's dispute started, but that kind of thing is obviously inappropriate on any forum.

But the real point of my post was a request for more from the professionals among us. It's a shame that they need a 'protected space' but so be it.

Personal conflicts aside, what makes this forum valuable, in my view, is the exchange of information between gunsmiths of all sorts of experience and skill, from beginners (like me) serious amateurs, professionals, and veteran/retired gunsmiths alike.

I, for one, couldn't care less if someone has a link to their shop website / gun listings (nor if I share their political views), especially if they are willing to teach me or offer help with a problem. In fact, those links provide more evidence that the person giving advice might be an expert, or at least has good reason to have an opinion.

Anyway, I didn't mean to be offensive with by comment. Just hoping for more great content. And if there was less bull to sift through, that would be lagniappe.

Jim