Keith ,
I see no anti gun activity here in Scotland ,their seems to be no goal to eliminate all guns from the country. All firearms here are licensed and itemised on those licenses and have been for some time now including air guns I dont see any evidence of a move to restrict ownership of target weapons , shotguns or stalking rifles or moves to confiscate them I am fond of my rifles and shotguns having owned some 50 years now and have had great fun with them I dont see any danger of the government depriving me of their use in my life time.
When terrorist attackers have to resort to using knives in their attacks you can see the benefit of not having semi auto centre fires available to the general public.
I agree that gun ownership and deaths due to gun violence do not correlate with rate of ownership and that the cause is most likely cultural but I think that the difficulty in obtaining firearms and ammunition in this country has perhaps prevented a few mentally ill nuts from wreaking havoc here in Scotland.
Im glad you are among the fortunate who have no need to worry about gun crime but I am well enough informed to know that in many areas of the US gun violence and mass shootings are a blight on society a situation we have thankfully been able to avoid here in Scotland since the Dunblane massacre in 1996 and the resultant restrictions.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/03/20 07:57 PM. Reason: Adding comment