[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/4TB4xytXzkgkC8Ne8[/img]
A brace of red jungle fowl cocks and a bar-in-wood hammer Purdey.

The gun is not in the best of shape but it it still locks up tight, and I take it out every year since I've had it at the beginning of the season a time or two.

Thirty or so years ago a gentleman I slightly knew turned up to a Skeet competition with this gun. He shot pretty well with it and at some point I asked if I could handle it. He let me do so and I brazenly asked him if he would sell the gun. He said he would not but if he ever did it would be mine.

One morning, four years ago, my friend the gunsmith called me and asked me to visit his shop as there was a gun for me. I duly turned up and was handed the Purdey and told to complete the paper work at the shop so I could leave with it.

I expressed my surprise that the gentleman was selling it and asked how much I had to pay. My friend told me that the gentleman had called him last night just before he left for the hospital. He told my friend that he should take the gun and transfer it to me immediately. He handed over all the necessary authorisations to do so. I looked the question and my friend the gunsmith informed me in a quiet voice that the gentleman had passed away that morning.

Bar in Wood J Purdey with 30 inch barrels, 2 1/2 inch chambers, finished in December 1899, originally built for Sir Bradford Eden ICS. Said Eden was once chief secretary of Bengal back in the day of the Brits.

All the best

Skeeterbd

PS. I don't know if the image shows as an image or a link. If the latter, I would be truly grateful if some kind soul could make it show as an image. Thanks