Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: Glacierjohn
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
I would think a set of sub gauge, full length tubes would make a lot more sense for your FILs Parker. You would end up using factory 20 gauge ammunition in it.
Contact Brileys.

What became of the model 99? Very useful gun and cartridge.

Best,
Ted

Thanks, that was my first thought, but for some reason this gun weighs a ton already, almost nine pounds. The barrels are marked 4-4, four pounds four oz, and its a #2 frame, regardless it feels super heavy as is.

The 99 was in much better condition and I shoot a deer with it every few years or so in honor of Rusty. Its the old model with the bronze rotary magazine and Rusty had installed a Lyman peep sight which works perfect.

If you dont care about originality, how about a different set of Parker barrels, either steel, or, Damascus?

I guess I wouldnt be a a hurry to throw a bunch of money at it. Anything can be brought back to life, but, that doesnt mean everything should be.

Best,
Ted

Thats basically the same conclusion I arrived at. Even with working barrels it is way too heavy and the stock, though beautiful, has way too much drop. Its just been a pretty wall hanger since I got it 25 years ago.