We took the MuttPak of mine plus Sadie and Pop to Floyd's cousin's in SC. A lot of exploratory work produced nothing, but one new spot yielded two good points in tough spots but with predictable results. Moving to the Brier Patch, I geared up with my Brier Shirt and Gloves and turkey hunting shears. Of course once suited up, birds killed were in the open but not before opening up my right ear with a nasty cut. Next year the shears may be replaced with a machete or heavy duty weed whacker if we feel desperate enough to hunt the Brier Patch. Those or a Hannibal Lechter styled mask. A straight jacket may also be appropriate for even thinking of going back in there.

After not being able to keep accurate track of flushes, I found this vintage game counter. On side is "Faisane" and "Perdrix", French for pheasant and partridge. Other side has "Lievres" and "Lapine" for Hare and Doe (rabbit). Each category has up to 30 clicks in one direction only and this year with Billy we spun past 30 once to 5 reflecting 35 flushes on one trip. Note it shows 8 clicks on "Faisane" . That's where I keep track of doodle flushes reflecting some success at finding birds yesterday.