Originally Posted By: Hammergun
So Ted, from your comments I must assume that only original, best quality guns meet your standards. No one could possibly do sleeving well enough to meet those high standards. Economics and value are of no consideration. Fellows with less expendable income should do without nice guns or shoot lesser guns rather than have an inferior "sleever". GMAFB!

Don't you own a shoot a Nitro Special? How does that stack up against my sleever?

How is the view from that high horse you're sitting upon?

The view is just fine. The Nitro was in almost new condition when I got it, save some furry rust on the tubes. Mint bores with .036-.040 walls. The Nitro is in far better condition than your, or, anyone elses, sleever. I need a gun for use in non-toxic shot areas.

It was never rode hard. And not worth enough for anyone to contemplate a repair that cost that much to accomplish. Looking at what is for sale, and what guns cost, I would say the very great majority of guns fall into that same category. Especially older English boxlocks.

I dont care how the barrels got thin on any given gun. I dont want a gun that is at the point that the original barrels are thin.

As previously stated, use what you like. As I have already pointed out, there are places where sleeved guns are not accepted for reproof.

Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks..

Best,
Ted