Originally Posted By: Chicago
Well depending on whether you were up 35 or 41 should have put you right about Traunik or Little Lake? I bet there were a lot of grouse on the property. When I lived in Marquette I hunted in that general neck of the woods, although a little further west.
Chicago Mike
Mike,

Actually it was on County RD 426 a few miles south of Watson (if you can call a few abandon buildings a town). About 10 miles north of where the rail road tracks cross to the west of 426 at Hendricks. The locals called it Sand Corner. From my back property line there was nothing but paper company land with the next dirt road over 2 miles away. A lot of grouse, turkey, snowshoe hare, deer, bobcat, coyote, etc. I would fish the Ford and the Escanaba. I made it up to Marquette a few times. Attended the UP State Fair in Escanaba with some friends over the years. Spent the nights in August watching the Perseid meteor showers.

Knew some folks just off 35. Hunted deer over that way with them on occasion. Used to see a lot of bear sign in the cedar bogs in that area.

The paper company did a lot of cutting near my place over the years. Could always count on it becoming great habitat for grouse a few years after a cut.

Pete