Mr. Miller: Sadly, I never dated any of the Miller girls from that part of the world, but I believe her little brother bought my paternal Grandfather's home after he passed in '93. There was a pig-iron ingot on the floor of his garage that he used as a stopping-block for his cars. I'm sorry now that I never asked him about it (didn't even realize what it was until after all this discussion). I'll bet it's still there. The Whiskey Rebellion caused the Scots-Irish of my early world to relocate all the way to Texas from what I understand. There was a series a few (many?) years ago titled "the History of English" that tracked the unique brand of "English" spoken from that time all across the intermountain regions of Appalachia. Tennessee was clearly the recipient of some of those exiles. I knew about the history of the Region during the French & Indian Wars (lots of English pennies and arrowheads were found in a freshly plowed field near Big Sandy creek there for years. Ever hear of "Murdering Town"? Rugged county in those days.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/18/20 08:07 PM.