Originally Posted By: keith

Normally I avoid posting in these argument threads that devolve into personal attacks, however your meme caught my eye in that it is a half truth, though funny.

You humorous meme is correct that they want to painfully regulate us to death, but the actual prosecution for violation provides an incredible paradox.

That paradox is while the left seeks to outlaw and control all sorts of things their actions during their last administration showed a desire to regulate without prosecution. Take the prosecution of criminals who falsely fill out background checks and are caught by the database. One would think that should generate some prosecution for perjury or fraud, instead we see the number of prosecution for an excess of 100,000 frauds was less than 0.1%.

Did the last administration not care about the violation of already existing gun laws?

Is this because the left wants criminals to be free?

Do they want current laws to fail in order to justify more laws?

Is it that the administrative state cannot possibly regulate everything they want to and therefore depend on good citizens to just comply?

The last administration never really answered the question and it is not possible to know why for absolute fact.

I argue current law already provides sufficient regulation and they need to be properly enforced.

When I am told about the need for new regulation because the old one’s failed, I always ask why did they fail to work, if it was we did not actually enforce them then I am left with the question why will new law or regulation be any different?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS