Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

So do you have an opinion as to the composition of Winchester Nickel Steel? Winchester Stainless Steel? The Stainless Steels available in 1926? Or is this of no interest to you?
BTW: Researcher has documented that the $750 Remington Special Hammerless Model of 1894 was offered with barrels of Nickel Steel. Interested now?

So get some sample of Winchester guns that have barrels made of those steels, and send them out to have them analyzed. Then you will know the composition analysis of those particular barrels, and little more.

When steel mills make a new heat of steel to fill orders, they do not simply go from a known recipe because they have been making the same alloy for years. They test each and every heat because they know there are too many variables to simply rely on a test that was done at a different point in time. The likelihood of any two batches or heats being perfectly identical are virtually impossible.

Will reports of those compositions do us here any good anyway? Why, during your last barrel blow-up analysis, you first reported ferrous contamination in the area of the rupture, that later magically transformed into manganese sulfide inclusions, or vice versa. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I learned a lot from your pompous bloviating, but it wasn't anything about steel or the root cause of the rupture.

Go a step further and study the attributes of those various alloys for barrels, and you may learn why Winchester engineers specified those steels. And you may also learn why some of the guns with stainless barrels are quite rare and collectible to Winchester collectors... because they didn't sell very well.

And we're still waiting for info on those Winchester double shotguns that had stainless tubes.

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
The topic of the thread is Winchester Shotgun Barrel Steels William.

You seem rather incensed that I have strayed off the topic of Winchester Shotgun Barrels Steels preacher. So that begs the question of why you brought Crescent steels, Hunter Arms, and Parker Titanic steels, Remington 870 and Benelli replacement barrels, and info from the Beretta website into your sacred Winchester ground??? Do you have a problem with your bro Larry Clown bringing a Remington hammergun into your precious thread? And what does a $750 Remington 1894 Special Hammerless have to do with Winchester Shotgun Barrel Steels anyway??? It appears that you aren't being truthful when you act upset about non-Winchester information here. No surprise there preacher.

BTW, I don't have a clue what you are trying to convey when you say Researcher "has documented that the $750 Remington Special Hammerless Model of 1894 was offered with barrels of Nickel Steel." Certainly, then as now, a correct nickel steel alloy would be somewhat stronger, more corrosion resistant, and more expensive than a plain low carbon steel barrel. What a revelation! Do you know the meaning of BFD?

I don't believe this is indicative that you have unearthed the Holy Grail or finally discovered a key to the Grand Unification Theory. I do believe that you have more self-importance than you have actual knowledge about steel though. And a fragile ego too... a very fragile ego. But with enough copy-and-pasting, you have managed to fool a number of people. Carry on Preacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLToWNAaEF8

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.