I guess I'm one of the old timers here, since I re-registered on New Year's Eve 2001. I think, when the board changed formats?

At any rate, I don't spend near the time here as years past. I tend to frequent the PGCA forum and FB pages more these days. Yes, because they are moderated and civil.

I can handle the politics even though there is far too much of it in our world these days. I go to the forums and boards to escape it. But, I understand the need.

What I can do without is the childish sniping. It seems that no matter the topic, some folks have to destroy or hijack the thread with negative or childish comments that add nothing to the subject, just discontent.

When I was working at the museum, I had to deal with office spats. I was amazed that young people who worked in the same room would email each other rather than speak face to face. One in particular printed out a nasty email from a co-worker and brought it to my attention. I asked that person a simple question, "Would you have said that to the person's face? Then why did you write it?"

This board still has value, but I long for the days of Oscar Gaddy, Walt Snyder, heck even old Ed Muderlack. But again, if you don't like the subject or tone, just click off and go somewhere else. Thinking back, it has always been a little rough and tumble.