Mike, great looking dog.
Floyd, Jeff, Billy and I split into two groups today. Floyd and Jeff hunted with Pop and Sadie; Billy joined the MuttPak, Willa and Abby, and I. We drew for areas. It didn't make any difference. The birds were everywhere and we finished by 10 a.m. After limiting, the dogs kept on finding birds on our way back. We honored the points with a good-bye salute.Here's Abby backing Willa on a doodle on our way out. We hunted a Brier Free Zone today and it was a great way for all to start the new year with perfect temps and plenty of birds. We had an early lunch in the woods. I browned 3 lbs. of venisonburger and made a soup containing tomatoes, okra, collard greens, black-eyed peas and red peas served with cornbread. The soup base was the collard's pot liquor and the peas' broth. The collards and peas satisfied the Southern New Year's Day Tradition.(Superstition??) From top to bottom: Billy's 1953 20 ga. Superposed, the predecessor grade to the Diana. Inherited from his father who in turn inherited it from his father. My Ithaca SKB 100 20 ga., Jeff's 20 ga. Uggie, Floyd's Ithaca SKB 100 20 ga. Happy New Year. Gil