susjwp, many sources claim that Formby's Tung Oil Finish contains very little actual tung oil. The MSDS for Rocklers Tung Oil states that it is 100% pure Tung Oil. The label on Hope's Tung Oil says it is 100% tung oil, but the MSDS says 100% Proprietary non-hazardous ingredients. If it's 100% Tung, why not just say so?

I couldn't find an MSDS for FDC (Factory Direct Chemicals) Tung Oil, but the manufacturer replied to the question on Amazon that it is 100% pure Tung Oil with no solvents or additives. It got excellent reviews. A couple people weren't happy because it didn't give a high gloss like Formby's. But it won't, because Formby's is mostly a wiping varnish product. The FDC Tung Oil is very reasonably priced on Amazon.com. But even the Rocklers is only about a buck an ounce... very cheap compared to Timberluxe. Note that I am not saying that pure tung oil is the all around best gun stock finish. I don't believe there is any one gun stock finish that is good for every situation.

Here's a pretty good article on Tung Oil as a wood finish with a comparison between Tung and Boiled Linseed Oil.

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/get-more/tung-oil-debunking-myths

Now remember... I'm guilty of driving knowledge away from this site, so you may wish to use that IGNORE function!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.