Drew, in 1915 the Jostam AntiFlinch had become available, along with the Jostam 3-Ply. The illustration looks like the former.

As to the engraver of Superba #25, I'll have to guess. About that time in 1909 Frank Mason was leaving Baker Gun and Forging Co. to go into business on his own. I have some correspondence between Baker Gun and Forging Co. and Rudolph Kornbrath dated around 1913 with Baker saying they had not been happy with recent engraving and Kornbrath then came aboard. He probably engraved for them , as a subcontractor, until the end of gun production in 1919. Most of the later trap guns seem to show his hand. There are some examples of Folsom made Bakers engraved by Kornbrath, too.

I cannot say who did Superba #25 . It could have been Mason, but his style does not jump out at me. It's a special gun and could have been engraved by another engraver, whose identity I do not know.

I have just taken another look at #25 and notice the foreground foliage motif is similar to most of the trap guns in the 1-250 serial number range. Also found on a few doubles after 1909. It seems then that all of those guns , made from approx. 1909-1913 may have been done by the same hand. Not by Mason or Kornbrath, though. Remember, too, that many guns, especially higher grades in all makes could have multiple engravers on the same gun.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 12/22/19 12:32 PM.