It's Ludowici, Gene, and it really was a notorious speed trap before I-95 came into being.

Only ticket I ever went to court with I beat, on behalf of my son. He was driving his pickup in town and I was riding with him, in the front passenger seat. There was a city cop car right in front of us as we approached a stoplight. There was another car real close behind. The cop rolled through the yellow. My son quickly asked me "Stop or go?", to which I replied "Go". As we went under it it was still yellow, but turned red so that the car behind us had to stop.

The cop immediately put his blue lights on and motioned us over to the curb. We pulled up behind him and he walked back to address my son, asking for his license. He then began to write him a citation for running a red light. I spoke up and said it wasn't red, it was yellow, that I had watched as we went under it. He replied "I didn't see it but it had to have been red because it was yellow when I went under it". I grinned and told my son to sign the ticket. As we drove away I said "We're going to court on this one".

On court day we waited as two or three dozen before us pled either "no lo contendere" or "guilty". My son pled "not guilty", which got raised eyebrows from the judge, who asked his side of the story. Judge asked if he had witnesses. I walked up, told the judge what the officer had said. He looked at the officer and asked if that was true. Officer nodded yes. Judge dismissed the case.

I warned my son to watch his Ps and Qs in town, because cops don't particularly like being shown up in court.

As for speeding inside the city limits ....... you now cannot be ticketed for it in GA unless you are more than 10 mph above the posted limit. Only exception is the GA State Patrol. They can ticket at any speed over the posted speed limit. I hold the GSP in high esteem ............. not so much local city cops.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.