That's the problem when the police become revenue producers:

The only speeding ticket I've gotten in 60 years of driving was 12 years ago in South Carolina on the afternoon before Thanksgiving... Cruising with speed control set at 55 I entered a long straight noticing a small sticker posted on the speed limit sign. The cop claimed it was a work zone and speed limit was reduced to 45. I got points...the trial was set the day after Christmas...and when I got to the "work site" 3 miles up the road, no one was working,

That hardly matches what you'd get along 301 in North Florida...a solid belt of "plunder the driver". Waldo finally disbanded its police force since it had no reason to exist except to harass. And God help you in Lodovici, Jawja in the early 1960's... There was an infamous light there that would turn green on 301 (before I-95 existed) for 5 seconds.

I really think this sort of highway "stand and deliver" robbery lowers the esteem of Americans for the police; the law enforcement agencies should be taken out of the "you've got to produce revenue" management category.

As for speed cameras...in France over the past year during the "Gilet Jaunes" Yellow Vest protests...the first things they went after were the speed cameras.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/11/19 11:45 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch