Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Keith, you're getting positively warm and fuzzy. Did you just join the Democratic Party? I wouldn't bet on it. Still, it's good we can agree on something.

No Billy, I did not become a Democrat. I started out as a registered Democrat, but quickly changed to "No Party Affiliation" when I saw how corrupt the Democrats I worked for were. Just getting hired to that State job required registering Democrat. Chances for promotion or advancement was dependant upon how much you donated to Democrat candidates. Several of my bosses ended up convicted of numerous felonies such as grand theft, macing, bribery, and extortion.

But as I said, I have no problem agreeing with you when you are absolutely correct. And it is evident that you know quite a bit about gun stocks and walnut, and that you carefully looked at these two pieces of wood.

And you are 100% absolutely totally correct. There is no conceivable layout or orientation that could get that finished stock out of that particular blank. I also agree that they are totally different species of walnut, and I feel the finished stock is wood from a thin-shelled variety, while the blank is undoubtedly feather crotch black walnut. I do know that English walnut can sometimes have feather crotch figure, but this blank ain't English. Too bad Maury Povich can't do a walnut DNA test, but even if he did, Bob would cry and say it was a lie.

I also have little doubt that SKB Stevie would agree with his invertebrate friend Crying Bob, even if he showed us photos of a hunk of pressure treated yellow pine 2"x 8", and claimed that the finished stock came from that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.