Everything said so far makes me appreciate the Lefever design more & more. I have never had a Lefever show any signs of primer drag after firing. The inertia hammer design takes care of that. Lefever catalogs call it as a rebounding lock, but it is not truly rebounding. The mainspring itself is halted "just" prior to the hammer striking the firing pin. There is no rebound action imparted to the hammer, but it is not under tension from the spring so it is free to Float back on opening giving no drag.

As mentioned, by a slight turn of the ball hinge screw it can always be put back on face. I will note, this is the extent to which it should be tightened. It should "NOT" be used to compensate for bolt wear to bring the top lever back on the center. This will disturb the fit of the barrels to the standing breech. If the bolt is so worn it no longer can move enough for the gun to lock up tight, assuming the rest of the gun is in satisfactory condition, making a new thicker bolt is not a big deal & is what should be done.

The gun can be taken down either cocked or uncocked, no matter. Never a problem with forgetting & removing the forend with the hammers down & then having to wrestle it back on, or figure out how to recock the hammers to do do so. On most all of the various types, it is a simple matter to lower the hammers without snapping them or using a snap cap or something if desired.

Of all doubles I have ever dealt with it is the easiest to disassemble & reassemble that I am aware of.

I simply no of no other double either made in America or anywhere else that combines "All" these desirable features.

For whatever its worth, Yes I own several Lefevers & "NO" I do not own a Win 21. I have handled them I have examined them I have studied their parts breakdown & operating instructions.
Bottom line I have Absolutely NO desire to change that status & I am "NOT" in the slightest bit Jealous of those who own one of the cheapest looking Over Priced shotguns in existence.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra