Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The stock and the blank in these photos are not the same species of wood let alone the same piece.

With your obvious blurred vision how could you tell ?

Billy and I don't agree very often. But when it comes to guns, I must admit that he has a very good eye and good taste in firearms. I think the last time we agreed on anything was when we both nominated Dennis Daiger and his "Last Martini" project for the Whitey-J.D. Steele award in the Classic and Custom Rifle forum.

In addition, my own vision, both near and far, is still better than 20-20, and my color perception is excellent. Even at that, I still went over the pics of this blank and the finished stock very carefully, and even enlarged them to be certain that I wasn't mistaken.

I agree with Billy 100% on his stated opinion that this stock did not come from the blank in question. I agree that these two pieces of wood are not even the same species of walnut. I absolutely do not think that there is too much glare in the photos to see enough details of the grain, figure, pores, direction of rays, feather, etc. to make an accurate observation. Billy and I will no doubt butt heads frequently over politics and preserving the 2nd Amendment from infringements by anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats, but I have no problem giving him credit when credit is due.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.