1967 Triumph. When I got back from Vietnam in November 1968 I immediately bought a 1867 Triumph TT Special and put lights on it and baffles in the pipes. I'd ridden a Triump at Ft. Bragg with a bunch of buddies, most rode BSA's - at that time you rode Limey's or Harleys and never the twain could meet - you even dressed differently - not "Mods" and "Rockers" like in UK but we wore tight fitting leathers and the Harley guys...well-you know. I upgraded the TT Special with a Sonny Rout 790cc kit (you had to block the oil feed to the cams), put in a Harmon-Collins 9-6 combo cam, lightened the rockers and pushrods, etc....and kept it all stock looking. The next year the Triumph Trident, BSA Rocket-3, Kawasaki-3, Honda-4 appeared and my "Q-ship" street rod wasn't so hot anymore.

Brother gave the model to me (a standard 1967 Bonneville) for Christmas a few years ago....wife dropped it....I need to repair it.

Note Kick start...twin shoe front breaks, right foot shift, no speedo, only tach (This is not my bike...and those pipes aren't quite right....I'll look for my own photos)

Last edited by Argo44; 12/07/19 12:58 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch