They all can be a problem. I had UPS crush a box with a gun inside. If it had not been ridiculous overpacked it would have come out as splinters and metal shavings. Counter person was unconcerned. When I explained I thought it should be open and inspected for damage she did not seem interested. Her supervisor did get a bit hinky when I explained what was it it. But we went to a little office and unpacked it. Much to my relief and surprise it was in damaged. But the staff was very unhappy with me having a gun shipped by UPS.

About two months ago I had a package shipped by USPS. Should have been a straightforward deal. Once it went from the small PO to Denver it entered the system and disappeared for a month. A couple traces could not find the box. It was so over due that claims were being made. Two days later it just appeared out if thin air. Again the box was abused but still intact. All labels were perfect and clear. It just took forever to arrive.

So ship at your own risk. But pack as well as you can because theses boxes can suffer a lot of abuse in shipping.

Not to leave fedex out. They wont do home delivery where I live for ammo or primers. You have to drive 21 miles to their location to pick up in person. Sadly I have a branch two miles from my house but they would not ship and hold to that location. Rules can be so inflexible to drive you crazy.