Thanks, Brother. I appreciate the advice.

Job: I have no plan to quit my present job. It's looking like 10-15 more in my future. That said, the company I work for it notorious for sending people packing in large numbers, and often-times the older employees. I have been somewhat successful in modestly "refreshing" old neglected doubles, so if my career ends sooner than I wish, I should have some skill already to help us get by, but I know this work will not currently cover my families costs at this time.

Health: I polished a pitted Colt 1908 by hand for 4 hours last night for my first bluing project of the school curriculum. One has to prove you can polish by hand before they let you at the wheels. At the end of class at 10:00PM, my arthritic hands were screaming, and my arms were falling off. So, I hear you!

In order of specialization priorities, I'm interested in doubles, old steel S&W revolvers, classic carbon steel 1911's, and an odd rifle here and there. Doubles are the primary area of focus. I do plan to get back to damascus refinishing at some point, but my facilities don't make that a scalable endeavor. I had some good results in the past, but the cost was too high.

I'm doing this because I love it, and that's the best part of it.