I recently bought two Ithica-SKB 200e 12 gauge guns at auction. They were in a lot with an AyA no2 that I wanted, and I bought the lot with the intention of selling the SKBs.

One of them is in very good shape except for a missing forend tip inlay. Right now, I am planning to re-do the inlay before listing the gun for sale.

The other gun is also mechanically sound, but it has a lot more stock scratches and dings, and there are two cracks through the head of the stock. These have been repaired but not very well from an aesthetic standpoint. If I were going to keep this gun, I would strip the stock, fix the crack repair, replace the plastic grip cap with a piece of ebony, replace the plastic butt cap with a pad, and refinish the stock with an oil finish.

My question: In your opinion, would I be better off just listing the gun as is or would it be worth my time to refurbish it?
To say it differently: if this were your gun, what would you do to it before selling it? And what do you think the gun is worth in this condition vs. in a refurbished condition (assuming done well)?

Last edited by Woodreaux; 09/05/19 03:18 PM.

Jim