As John said here in Brit land our atmosphere hovers between damp and out and out wet all because of the Maritime climate of ours. Now I did use Rangoon oil until I found out that the Rangoon oil of today is not the same oil that was once supplied to the Brit armed forces by the Rangoon Oil Company Glasgow later to become the Burmah Oil Co. The Oil sold as Rangoon is now the product of an Oil blending factory and some would say a shadow of its former self that said, my personal preference for metal protection especially storage from my cast Iron Lathe and other machine tools to my guns. It is something I have used for many years made at home and I have not been able to find it lacking in any way. It is a simple mixture of Liquid paraffin and Lanolin.
Liquid Paraffin is not Kerosene but a highly refined mineral oil you see it all the time as baby oil also used in cosmetics so exceedingly pure.
Lanolin well what can I say other than it has kept the Brit rain off Sheep's backs and wool from possibly the beginning of time.
Even Ed Harris of Ed's Red gun cleaner put Lanolin in one version of his cleaners.
My mix is one part pure Lanolin to ten parts Liquid paraffin and you can use baby oil it is far cheaper to purchase and available everywhere, though pure Lanolin is a little harder to find because they mix all sorts of other things with it to make it go further.
One word of warning you must clean shotgun bores of all traces before you use the gun. It is very tenacious and ring bulges are not good for you or your gun.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!