Quote:
Gen 9:24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
Gen 9:26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
Gen 9:27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

I have not done an extensive search on this but offhand I believe this is all that is found in the Bible regarding Ham being a servant unto his brothers. I am NOT using this to justify owning a slave. I am in fact not even trying to justify owning a slave.
What I am simply saying is that for thousands of years it was a common practice, only in the last couple of hundred years or so has it become frowned upon.

I also am saying not one of you has cited ma a Single Reference to where God said it was SINFUL.

There were also quite a few blacks who fought on the Confederate side. In fact, N B Forrest had some black men in his cavalry, & I am not talking about being in the camp to polish boots, etc. They carried arms & rode with him into battle, stood guard duty while he & others slept, thus their lives were at times in their hands. Many will try & Deny that a black ever served as a Confederate Soldier but it is recorded fact. They were NOT segregated as were the blacks who served in the Union as soldiers, they did not have separate all-black units. In Neither army was a black ever commissioned as an officer, they were only allowed to achieve the rank of a Sgt.

Lincoln himself stated publically that the Blacks were an inferior race & could NEVER co-exist with White men on an Equal basis. He wanted them all to be exported, either back to Africa or to the Caribbeans.

Not so well known as it is not & likely never will be mentioned by a Politically Correct media or history books is that N B Forrest was picked as the KeyNote speaker for a group formed following the war for the purpose of advancing the Black Race. They were holding a meeting in Memphis TN. Forrest's speech was short but to the point, he told them simply they could be whatever they desired to be, Doctors, Lawers etc that they were willing to Work for. He DID NOT tell them they were inferior in any way & could never achieve any status above that of a common laborer.

I am Stating Very Strongly, that this matter of passing judgment on the PAST, by Modern standards is doing far more Harm than Good.

Would the Nation have been better off had slavery never been introduced, In My Opinion, Yes. Fact is it Was. Did the fact that someone of that era owned a slave Automatically make them a Sinner in the sight of God,
"NO".
When my Triple Great Grandfather committed Adultery with his slave was that a Sin, According to the word of God, Yes. Not because he owned a slave, but because he committed Adultery. Did he ever repent & gain forgiveness, I have not the foggiest idea, God knows.

As to that case I have never heard any details as to whether it was by mutual consent, was done forcefully or however. I only know it occurred & their offspring, a Son, was brought into the family home & raised along with his half-siblings. I have a picture of him & his wife after he was grown & married.

Drew, I believe I have addressed every question you have asked me so;
I Rest my Case.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra