Your trigger guard appears on this E.M. Reilly & Co., London 4 bore single barrel, Birmingham Proof...Which I don't think Reilly made..only retailed (no SN): I have a difficult time dating this gun because EM put his name on non-serial numbered guns in the 1850's before the company formally changed its name to "EM Reilly & Co" in October 1859.

I'll have to research UK corporation data from the 1850's....several authors claim the Reilly's had two or three different companies operating out of the same premises using the same labels and the same advertisements at the same time. (Of course...there's NO indication that this was based on primary source research). - - - except that Reilly exhibited at the 1851 Crystal Palace International exhibition as "E.M. Reilly" and at the 1855 Paris Internationale also as "E.M. Reilly.")
-- (But I feel the Reilly's JC and EM were compulsive control freaks and supervised even the guns they sold on retail).
-- (I've never figured out why there are two triggers...might one be a hair trigger set?)

And another - no SN mentioned:
================================================================
Post October 1859 ??

http://www.mendipauctionrooms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Sporting-Sale-Catalogue-Dec.pdf
150. E.M. Reilly & Co., Oxford Street, London 13 Bore double barreled shotgun, Damascus Barrels, believed to be original finish. 1000-1500

Last edited by Argo44; 07/16/19 02:31 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch