Put about 200 shells through the gun today, shooting clays, despite it being 90 degrees. First time I've really had it out in a significant way. The heat ended up overpowering the motor on my wobbler, heh. Hopefully there's no permanent damage!

I have to say, this thing is choked tiiiiiight.

But I am still trying to figure out what to do vis-a-vis sights, for hunting with it. My eyes aren't what they used to be. So to my thinking, this leaves me with 3 or 4 choices:

1. Have someone blind-tap a couple of shallow holes on the rib, to mount a section of 1913 rail to (assuming it wouldn't mess with the automatic rear sight flip-up action). If the rail was removed, the holes could be filled with a couple of blued grub screws, which would hopefully minimize the hit to the gun's collector value.

2. Have someone install claw mounts, and have them make a rail section of some sort that would engage the claw mounts (I'd prefer to use a red dot with a magnifier for hunting-time).

3. Have someone install a fold-down tang sight, but that probably wouldn't last me as I grow older and my vision continues to deteriorate.

4. Forget about it and don't hunt with the rifle barrel (which is my least favorite option).

To my thoughts, option #1 would be the smallest permanent alteration to the gun.

#2 would probably be the most "appropriate" from a historical perspective, although also probably the most expensive and also the largest permanent alteration. I 'spect it would also require a reblue, as I would imagine that soldering on the claw mounts ruins the finish... The reblue in particular makes me want to stay away from this option.

#3 would requite drilling the tang, which I definitely DO NOT want to do under any circumstances.

#4 violates my sensibilities, heh. But if the other options are too severe, then maybe this is the correct option.

What are yourall's thoughts on this? Are there any non-permanent/low-impact options that I'm forgetting about?