Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Larry;
I was NEVER confused at all. I stated plainly Up front what I was speaking of which was the average TOTAl pressure, over the entire length of the barrel. Totally UNRELATED to MAX Average pressure as given in the SAAMI standards you quoted.

So far as I can tell you are the only one here who Simply Does Not Have a Clue as to what you are even saying on this thread.

I even said I was speaking of the entire area under the pressure curve, which again is totally unrelated to the Max Peak pressure.

The fact that all quoted pressures of this sort are never a "ONE-SHOT" deal but the average of a number of shots is again totally unrelated.

Once more this is extremely simple, What Part are you not Capable of Understanding.

So Miller, you haven't yet attempted to explain to the great unwashed masses here exactly how it is one goes about determining the average TOTAL pressure produced by a particular load. And why it's important for us to bother. Obviously, since we know there's only one peak pressure per load after which the pressure drops, it clearly doesn't remain the same from the breech to the muzzle. And we all know that pressure drops faster in some loads than in others. But what the heck is the whole "total pressure" thing about? I've sent quite a few reloads (and some factory loads) to Tom Armbrust to have them tested for pressure and velocity. Very valuable information. He gives me an average pressure for each load. But he doesn't tell me anything about total pressure.