Woodreaux I see you are a person who has the mind set of if I cant purchase the thing I want I will make it. Back in my apprenticeship days lets say some fifty years back in time it was my job to make the lead vice jaw covers, just like the ones Jack Rowe used and those two in that photograph. I had to cast about ten pairs over a couple of days, the jaw forms where made of 1/4" ply wood to suit the vices. The method of making them was simple, one tin can big enough to hold the form standing on end then pour in the can enough Plaster of Paris to obtain the depth of lead needed leaving enough form to enable you to get hold of for removal when the plaster is set. Now the tips on how to do it right. While the plaster is liquid bang the tin down on a hard surface to get the air bubbles to come to the plaster surface. Wax the wooden form well brushing on Paraffin wax makes the surface smooth so the plaster will not stick to it. Push the wooden form very slowly into the plaster this stops air bubbles clinging to it. Just as the plaster sets tap the form and lift it out of the plaster. Most important before you pour in the Lead make sure the mould is completely dry and hot, half an hour in a domestic oven at the hottest setting. Sometimes you can pull the lead casting out of the plaster if you let the lead cool over night because of the amount of lead shrinkage, though sometimes you do have to break the plaster mould.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!