I had an idea that might benefit many of us. We can learn lots from other's experiences and mistakes. So, what have you learned that might make another's time in the field more productive, easier or more fun? Anything that you can think of that you've learned while hunting that could help someone else would be appreciated. It can be special pieces of equipment, tactics, mindsets or anything else you feel has made your time afield more fun or productive.

I have high hopes for this thread. Here's a starter. These three little screw hooks are without a doubt the most useful things for a green timber duck hunter I can imagine. You just screw them into a tree where you choose to stand, and you can use them for several things in a morning's hunt. Hang your shell bag on one, or your gun, or your call lanyard, or a thermos of hot coffee, or a coat if it warms up too much for it ............. the list is only as small as your imagination. Screw them out when you leave, and all that's left is what looks like a woodpecker hole.

Let's just keep politics and personal grievances out of it, please. And all of you "lurkers" (and I do not mean that in a derogatory sense) who read but never post, please feel comfortable about sharing your ideas.

How about it? What have you learned in the field, woods or swamps over the years that might benefit others?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.