Preacher, are those X-Ray Vision Glasses what you used to form your brilliant opinion that lengthening chambers can result in GREATER BARREL WALL THICKNESS at the end of the re-cut chambers?

If so, either your X-Ray Glasses may be defective, or more likely, you don't have the "understanding" you'd like us to think you have. Paying a metallurgist to explain it to you probably isn't going to help either... whether you know the metallurgists' full name and address or not. We've seen your credibility, which apparently consists largely of Copy-and-Paste regurgitation. Good of you to admit here that your original assessment was wrong, wrong, wrong. But how do we process that original assessment, considering it was an opinion based upon photos, without having the barrels in hand? Yet later you harped on the ignorance and irresponsibility of jumping to conclusions based upon observations, lacking measurements or metallurgical analysis. But when Dewey did the same... well that was just wonderful. Did you have a change of heart... or was that an example of self-loathing and hypocrisy?

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

I've now been accused in a private communication of misrepresenting the history of the event, the burst shell (as if I changed primers), or the data I recorded motivated by some agenda to defend L.C. Smith guns.

We all wonder who would accuse you of misrepresentation in a private communication??? Perhaps it it someone else who has seen you in action here??? That is funny!

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

Another image of the shell. It is impossible to argue there was not increase pressure based on the flattened and fractured rim.

I'm not so sure of how you could prove this statement either... assuming the "increase pressure" you cite is something radically greater than normal chamber pressures. I don't see how anyone could predict the result when a shell is suddenly unsupported by a large portion of rim cut and chamber wall at the moment of near peak pressure. How can you assure us that the rear portion of the brass remained perfectly flat against the breech face, and that there was no violent flexing of the largely unsupported shell head, which may have flattened the rim and permitted the primer to balloon outward? I also don't see how anyone could accurately reproduce the event to confirm this result.

You can cry, or whine, or complain about my opinion here, but I think we all know where you were coming from with your last paragraph in your post above, and your X-Ray Glasses advertisement.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.