Thank you Larry.
Another image of the shell. It is impossible to argue there was not increase pressure based on the flattened and fractured rim.

I've now been accused in a private communication of misrepresenting the history of the event, the burst shell (as if I changed primers), or the data I recorded motivated by some agenda to defend L.C. Smith guns.

We'll see what the metallurgist (which I have never claimed to be but some understanding of metallurgy is critical to understanding pattern welded barrels and barrel strength) has to say. I'm not interested in spending a lot more money on this project, but might ask for confirmatory images that can be obtained without dissecting the remains, which is why the missing chunk of barrel would be nice to have, and the fracture edge could show evidence of an inclusion, corrosion with porosity, or low cycle fatigue.

If someone wishes to argue with the opinion of the metallurgist, they are invited to establish their credibility by posting their real name and sending me their address by PM and I will contact the shooter for permission to ship the barrels to them for a second opinion.

Maybe use these wink