Hello,

I have grown to really like SxS shotguns for their looks/balance/heritage. I've acquired a few older ones, but they are all lead-shot only era ones.

However, I just realized that I don't have a steel-shot compatible SxS.

I would like to fix that, without breaking the bank. I may have some 'classics', but none of them cost me more than 750 apiece.

Is CZ the only show in town for a relatively reliable SxS 12g that can handle steel shot and is under a grand?

I know there are other great firearms out there- but not within my budget. I'd love to sell a couple of other firearms to fund it, but no bites on them lately.

So, $1K is my max- after shipping/tax/dros/FFL receiving fee [if shipped on my order].

I like the price of the Bobwhite, but like the looks of the Hammer Classic [I have a hammer 1876 Cimarron coach gun too]. Sharptail is nice, but I don't know about another single trigger.

What else should I be looking for in Steel Shot compatible SxS 12g, for under $1000?

My usage: 100 rounds a year if I am lucky. I have some I haven't had a chance to fire in 4 years. Recreational shooting- iron targets and clay pigeons. Maybe hunting. Not dedicated clay shooting gun. Recreational.

I am in california, so thought I should think ahead to a day when it is Steel or Bismouth, and my above listed shotguns can no longer be used.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Classic 'field' SxS's are what draw me in- that way I can have more than one!