Originally Posted By: SKB
Originally Posted By: keith
I don't Megger all of my extension cords

Since you are the grammar and spelling police, maybe you could enlighten us how you MEGGER something. You a tool Bill.
Steve

"YOU" a tool??? HAHAHAHA.... You are a complete moron Stevie.

Why don't you Google MEGGER before you continue making an ass of yourself? Megger is a term that has been used for many decades as a shorthand version of megohmmeter. When you MEGGER something, you are typically measuring continuity to ground in megohms, or millions of ohms. MEGGERS are commonly used to test insulation integrity or insulation resistance in motors, generators, alternators, and conductors. With a MEGGER, I could check the insulation integrity of all of my extension cords before using them... if I wanted to be unnecessarily anal like the Preacher. But then again, I'm not trying to impress anyone with Copy-and-paste knowledge, and the use of measuring instruments that I am not intelligent enough to comprehend.

My everyday MEGGER is a Fluke 1587. It puts out 1000 volts and can measure resistance up to a max of 2 gigohms. I use other megohmmeters that put out up to 5000 volts, for higher voltage equipment. And I also own an old antique Biddle megohmmeter that has a hand crank generator that puts out 500 volts.

If I was to MEGGER your head Stevie, I would expect to get a reading of infinity across your brain, because it is clearly an open circuit. Nothing there at all!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.