Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

And your position that, since we can't know everything about a chamber/barrel, we therefore have no obligation to try to know anything is simply wrong...when we are responsible for what happens when we choose to use a vintage gun...especially a crappy and intrinsically unsafe L.C. Smith!! wink So how did you evaluate your Parkers and Lefevers?

Drew, I didn't say that "since we can't know everything about a chamber/barrel, we therefore have no obligation to try to know anything". That is a pretty good example of projection though. And dishonesty.

What I said was, someone like you, who is dumb enough to actually argue for two days that chamber lengthening in vintage doubles can result in GREATER WALL THICKNESS at the end of the re-cut chambers, is obviously not qualified to do barrel burst analysis. Copying-and-Pasting metallurgical terms you don't understand and posting photomicrographs of other barrels does not make an incompetent hypocrite a barrel expert

I also said that all the barrel wall thickness measuring tools in the world are simply wasted on someone who cannot comprehend the simple facts that Miller had to repeatedly drill into your thick skull like shrapnel propelled into a child's skull by a chamber burst. I'm still not convinced you comprehend it.

I'm glad you think your handguard is due diligence. But you totally forgot to address the sheer hypocrisy of not slamming Dewey Vicknair for doing the exact same thing I did... that is, making an intelligent observation and opinion based upon what was clearly evident in the photo evidence we had.

Why are you so concerned with how I evaluated my Parkers and Lefevers. And why aren't you equally concerned with how I evaluated my Ithaca's, Baker's, L.C. Smiths, D.M. Lefever's, Gladiator, Hopkins & Allen, Hunter Arms Fulton's, Hermann Eichhorn, C.K. Ansorg, and all the rest??? How do you know I just don't use a band-aid on the barrels as due diligence? I don't normally check barrel wall thickness on rifles or headspace either, even though I experienced a complete head separation in a .22-250, and was temporarily blinded for roughly half an hour. I also do not go over the tires on my vehicles and measure tread depth and sidewall thickness every time I drive them, even though I have had several blow-outs at highway speeds in my life. And believe it or not, I don't Megger all of my extension cords and power tool cords to be certain of the insulation integrity. I guess I was just born to raise hell and don't give a damn!

Or does this questioning simply mean that you are that insecure and blinded by self-loathing that you feel this recurring need to try to discredit me, and to continue to put words in my mouth?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.