The Sauer you have is one of the so-called "West German Sauers"--made on the democratic (vs Communist) side of the Iron Curtain-- back when there was also an East Germany. Those guns were imported and sold by Stoeger, and were specifically made for the American market. The gun should be marked 2 3/4" somewhere. Or possibly a 70, indicating the metric equivalent of 2 3/4". And you should also be able to find a date code--a 3 or 4 digit number indicating month and year of production.

According to my Stoeger catalog, your 12ga Deluxe with 28" barrels should weigh about 6 1/2 pounds--which I would guess would make it lighter than a post-WWII Elsie 12ga with 28" barrels. Either gun can certainly handle factory 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz loads . . . although if the Sauer is actually that light, I'd stick with moderate velocity 1 1/8 oz loads (1145 fps) if I were shooting a lot of them, as in a round of trap.

I've owned a few of the Model 60's, and while they all functioned fine, the problem I had was with the stock dimensions. Listed as 1 3/4" drop at comb and 2 3/4" at heel, I found them too low for me.