canvasback;
Whether anyone else believes in God or Not I DO;
About the only New Testament reference I am aware of is this;
Quote:
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

This was spoken by Jesus himself & was not given as a "Command" but as a fact recognized by all, used as an illustration. I added this as an answer to those, & yes I have heard this used, that defensive killing is condemned by the commandment "Thou Shalt not Kill". Even heard a lady "politician" once say this condemned the practice of capital punishment. Fact is God recognizes the difference in Thou Shalt Not Kill & Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder, which is the actual meaning of this command by present language. At the time that law was given, the punishment for its violation was the perpetrator was to taken outside the city & STONED TO DEATH. If that's not Capital Punishment I don't know what is.

I do also know for a fact there are many on this forum who also believe in God, don't want them to be Fooled into believing that God Prohibits Self Defence.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra