They have no store policy about returns for full refund that I am aware of-- so If I were foolish enough to buy it at any price, I would be "stuck with it". I already have a graded Parker- a 12 GHE 28" barrels (thanks to my late friend Brad B.) so this would be a "duplicate"-

OK Parker guys- feel free tyo "jump in here"-- This GL DHE was made aprox. 1906: We ran the sn through the PGCA website for that data- Yet the barrels are marked, on the flats- Imp. Cyl. right tube Mod left tube, the gun is on a 1&1/2 No. frame-- It has the 12&1/2% pinned in place tool steel wear plate- and has the initials J.G. stamped on the flats- hard to see, but there--

Still with me?--Now I am NOT any Parker expert-- and we only got the details from the barrels- the flats, the OAL, et c-- But here's a short list of my "concerns"-- in 1906-- a 12 gauge Parker grade 3- would it have the 12&1/2 degree wear plate "as issued"?

Would it not be more likely to have a No. 2 frame? Was Jim Gary (Gerry)? employed by the Bro.s Parker then? Did they mark the chokes on the barrel flats then?

The top rib has the proper "Titanic" Steel markings for a grade 3- but they measure an even 28&1/2"-- the front sight bead is set back from the edge of the barrels aprox. 3/16"--the solder keels have some form of markings, solder being softer than the barrel steel, if they were cut-would show the teeth marks, correct.?

Not 100% sure on this, as a close friend has a BE 12 A.H. Fox. with the pre-WW1 Krupp barrels, choked M&F- and they are 29&1/2" in length- chokes reflect the tight patterns that old Fox shoots with Trap loads-- So, who can say.

The $2500 is what Cabela's paid for it--the manager and I had established a bit of rapport by then-- they told the seller that they weren't sure of a "Del Grego" re-finish work-- and as the seller did NOT have a signed letterhead invoice from Del Grego tied to the SN-- they couldn't give him "top dollar"-- also the shortened buttstock- and loss of the Skeleton steel BP and replacement by a Mershon white line pad-- were those available in 1906??

All added up to a "no thank you, but thanks for letting me look at it-type of experience. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/18/19 10:55 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..