Originally Posted By: SKB
New Zealand has neither gun registration nor universal back ground checks but don't let the facts get in the way of your rant. You never do.

So what am I missing here Stevie? You said New Zealand has neither gun registration, nor universal background checks.

Yet the link you yourself provided says that ALL handguns are registered. And ALL Military Style Semi-Auto firearms require a special permit. And ALL gun owner must apply to the police for a police issued firearms permit.

Would you have us believe the police do not do any sort of background checks before issuing those permits to ALL firearms owners? Would you also have us believe they do not revoke those "lifetime" permits if someone commits certain crimes or acts irresponsibly with firearms? careful here now. I know the correct answers to these questions.

So we know the police have a universal registry of all legal firearms owners. We know that all handguns are registered. We know that the 2012 definition of Military Style Semi-Automatic is quite a bit more broad than what we think here. Yet you are now telling us that that only a VERY VERY small percentage of firearms in New Zealand are registered. Well, I guess if you say that a special permit for all those semi-autos is not registration, and if you can convince yourself that having a data base of every legal firearm owner is not registration or Universal Background checking, you can make yourself believe anything. So long as it suits your agenda. Then you can accuse me of telling lies, and forget your own.

By the way, last Saturday, I bought a very nice Dan Wesson .357 magnum. I did the usual transfer with the form 4473. I also had to fill out another form to register it with our State Police. You probably didn't know this, but a Dan Wesson .357 mag is not a class III firearm.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.