Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....Let's face it . . . those of us hanging out on this BB are an anachronism. We're misplaced in time, by about a century. We should count ourselves lucky that we're not much worried about the influenza epidemic and don't have to worry about prohibition of alcohol in the near future.

Heck, I thought it was bizarre to bring up pump guns, and modern clays competition to help explain why popularity was misguided. What seems lucky though is that flu and prohibition are synonyms for Northern Wisconsin shoot classifications.

Craig, if it's popular guns you want to talk about, you're in the wrong place. Surprised you haven't realized that by now. The guns we spend most of our time talking about don't rank very high on the popularity scale. And while missing a clay target because of a malfunction isn't a real big deal to me (because I'm not what one would call a serious competitive shooter), it IS a big deal to me if I'm hunting and my sxs--maybe older than I am--goes click instead of bang when I walk in to flush a pheasant, grouse, woodcock, whatever in front of one of my bird dogs. So reliability IS a big deal with me. And over the last 45 years or so and hundreds of sxs, most of them with DT, I've found that system to be quite consistently reliable. Not 100% perfect . . . but then almost nothing is.