Count me in that group. Stan lives in Deep Dixie-- he shares his many years of shotgunning with all of us-- as a "Shootinist Gent'man. And he endures, the "Trolls that seem to invade websites.

Other Southern Gents that share their knowledge with us, are Raimey Ellenberg, GLS, and George Newbern, among many others. When I read "Homeless Joe's" replies I can only wonder what he is really like??

I bought a 12 A-5 28" mod. VR barrel from the base PX in Quantico ($135.00) and still have it. When steel shot came out, I had Briley stainless chokes installed, used it for years for divers and other ducks from layout boats. Setting the friction ring and having the bevel set properly, along with some spray lube, is a key to proper function, in the nasty weather of waterfowling.

I use my 12 bore M-12's (and a M'berg 835 Ulti-Mag pump now, and I don't shoot from layout boats, nor use waders either, for my duck hunts today- it's all land based pass shooting. But I would use the A-5 again, in preference to the autoloaders offered on today's gun market.

Remember what the late Ernest Hemingway once said: "A gun is to shoot!" RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/30/19 04:01 PM. Reason: shorten

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..