Not nearly what it a .45-70 loaded hot with 300 grainers is out of a Ruger No. 3. My 10 yr. old son used to shoot that off the bench ...........and beg for more. Same bullets for me in the SOCOM, exactly ...............300 gr. Remington FNHP, all hand loaded. It's really more of a Middle Eastern caliber. Dreamed up by some special ops guys at a bbq/beer get-to-gether, who wished for a better one round man stopper that would work out of an AR platform with the same magazine. Pretty ingenious, actually.

You may know what it's like, shooting at game as compared to targets. You never notice the recoil with game, especially game that can carve you up.

Buddy of mine who thought a .243 was a good hog round .............from previous post of mine:

"A Doc who practices near me would be well advised to mind well Ruark's advice to "use enough gun". He recently shot a hog with a .243 which ran into a briar patch. He waded in after the pig, which knocked him down and went to work on him with his tusks. Doc was protecting his face while the hog was working over his arm. Doc eventually managed to get his rifle and kill said hog during a break in the "surgery". He made it back to the hospital alone where he was given three units of blood. One artery and two tendons severed."

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.