No one takes well to a know it all constantly spouting off about his expertise, so I tend to stay out of such situations. However, if it is obvious someone is being taken advantage of, I will speak up, and let the individual decide what he wants. The dealer always gets mad, but so be it. I don't want to do business with someone like that anyway.

The example was raised of the used pump gun being sold for more than Wally World sells them new. I see that all the time, and let it ride. If a guy doesn't care enough to shop around a little for a commodity product, he deserves it. On the other hand, I was at the Louisville gun show a couple of years ago, and was looking at the table of one of the really big, well known national dealers. Some guy came along, grabbed a W. Richards from the table beside me, and exclaimed " WOW, a Westley Richards for only $6500!!" The dealer, standing right in front of us, didn't say a word and only gave him a big grin. This was obviously a guy who had an interest, but was so new to the game he was still uneducated. The dealer knew exactly what he was doing. There was no way I would let the a** possibly do that to someone, so I simply turned to the guy and said "It's not a Westley Richards, it is a different maker." The guy said "Really?", the dealer looked like he was about to bite a nail in two, and I walked off.

You have to play the cards as they're dealt. There's never one answer.