The Action support blocks were probably the less troublesome things to put together, I prefer to use built up blocks if they are going to be some size as you will see, I have noticed over the years that large blocks that are made from one single piece of wood do have a tendency to twist and can come loose. Also, I changed my mind regarding one of the blocks caused by lack of storage space in the case.

Not sitting very straight.

I will admit to having a pet hate and that is in some cases there is no effort to mount the action and stock level, just letting the action sit on the lower fence and tilt and in doing so eventually cutting the Baize where the gun rests on the case bottom. On a well fitting case the action Bar should sit on a spacing piece, doing this makes the action sit level also putting a slight gap between the lower fence and the case bottom. To keep things overall level and true a spacing piece will also be required fitted under the butt section.

The blocks can now be fitted but remember to remove the Baize so you have a woo to wood glue joints. It will be making the action retaining strap and fitting next, but with a little diversion into what I do if the strap has removed its self from the case or the case was not initially fitted with one.

Snap cap storage taken care of, Anchor stud for fixing action retaining strap very noticeable.

Last edited by damascus; 11/19/18 08:21 PM.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!