It is now time to fit the case new inner sides, now because of the design constraints the Baize must be fitted first to the short section of the new side that will be next to the original case walls. It must also cover the pencil line I mentioned earlier and butt up to the card. Now for strength I used a Contact Adhesive to fit the Baize to this narrow section, there is a good reason for this because once the sides are fitted to the case the Baize appears between the original and new case sides. Once the sides are permanently glued to the original case using PVA Adhesive and this Baize pulls out for whatever reason it will be some disaster, I do trust the grip of a contact Adhesive over PVA in the short term better safe than sorry.

I fitted the new case rear wood first because it is difficult to clamp things together while the glue dries, I used propping pieces from the case front to keep things held together.

The case front was next, because the original case plywood was so flexible, I did not use traditional carpenters G clamps to hold things together because of their weight also they have quite an overhang that is liable to pull the case front out of line. I used instead clamps that are more at home in metal working with a distinct advantage that the weight of the clamp is near vertical when using them so no danger pf pulling things out of line. Fixing the two sides into pace finished things off, making quite a difference in the cases unwanted flexibility. When the Adhesive has dried holding all the internal side pieces starting with the two long sides brush a generous amount of PVA on the wood, then fold down the baize making sure you rub firmly to make sure it in in contact with the Adhesive. It helps in corners to snip the Baize in the direction of the corner to help relive tension and fit correctly. I use the handle end of a desert spoon to push the Baize into the long corners. When the Adhesive had dried sufficiently repeat for the short sides.

Things should look like this!! Nearly forgot to mention I do prefer to use a disposable craft knife with a snap off blade and also scissors with sharp points. for trimming the Baize.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!