======================================================================================
1881, November: 23536 - New SN marker for Oxford St. Address change date

Thanks Russ...gun has been added. I actually feel pretty good about date of SN's from say 1858 to 1904. Before 1858 there are so few that it's difficult to be sure and after the move to 295 Oxford street, they only made about 250 guns over 8 years. I don't think Reilly's are all that collectable; everybody here seems to shoot their guns and enjoy them.

Of course your SN 23536 together with the 277 Oxford Street address presents a problem for the chart. It is now the first extant SN'd Reilly with either 16 or 277 on the rib after Oxford St. was renumbered in November 1881. My chart as it is now would have your gun dated in middle of 1881. Now I'm going to have to go back and adjust some of the numbers and totals backwards. It'll mean a few fewer guns produced in the years leading up to 1881 and consequently even more guns made from 1882 to 1885. Thanks. This is the kind of info that really helps. Plus with the Anson and Deely patent use number, we'll get another "sanity check" marker which other A&D use numbers can reference.

Working on updating the chart. I do keep photos of every gun pictured on the chart so if you wouldn't mind sending me one by PM, would much appreciate it. Or better, since it is now a "Marker" serial number for dating Reilly's, could you post a photo here?

Gene Williams

Last edited by Argo44; 11/01/18 01:10 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch