Stan, just a reminder... do you happen to recall what happened when jOe posted photos of his first attempt at making and installing a leather covered recoil pad several years ago?

He got criticized and ripped apart from a number of the "gentlemen" here. I personally thought his leather pad wasn't at all bad for a first effort. I sure as hell didn't think the unwarranted criticism by guys who probably would never attempt such a project would do anything to inspire others to share their work. I certainly haven't wanted to post any pics of any of my projects since I saw that... no matter how good, and I never forgot about it.

I don't believe you participated in that little pile-on, since that's not your style, but I did want to remind you that there are both double guns and double standards here. If Ted rips jOe in retaliation for jOe ripping Ted, for example, I prefer to stay neutral. Like a lot of feuds, sometimes it's hard to even remember who fired the first shots, or how they escalated, and it's better to stay out of it. Free entertainment too. Personally, I find an honest curmudgeon preferable to fake gentlemen. The way jOe directed this thread toward you, I took his comments as some good natured ribbing between friends. And I do admit to showing favoritism toward guys who support gun rights over those who undermine them.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.