Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
ed, If it turns out that Kavanaugh did what he's accused of, he can't be appointed to the SC. If he were appointed, the message to young men would be that you can behave in a despicable manor til you're 21. Everybody has to take responsibility for his behavior, even an adolescent. There have to be consequences.

That's the thing though. These are all simply allegations, and politically expedient ones at that, that have absolutely no evidence to back them up. It is a shameful tactic, the usual perversion of the way the law is supposed to work, that the left is using to try to delay the confirmation until after the mid-term elections. The left is afraid that Kavanaugh might upset the government-funded eugenics program enabled by Rowe vs Wade, I suppose. Oh no.

You are right though, everyone must face the consequences of their actions. I think we ought to be holding the left accountable for perverting the idea of due process, and that every false rape accuser everywhere should be given the maximum sentence allowed by law. When a man's life can be ruined by a simple allegation, regardless of the truth of it, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, then something is dreadfully wrong. This happens far too often nowadays.

So far the evidence I've seen proves that Kavanaugh may have had a drunken make-out session with a girl while they were in college, and that he once attended a party that was also attended by someone else who later may or may not have sexually assaulted someone. Certainly a lot of crimes to hold him accountable for there, yes?

The weaponizing of fake allegations like this is straight out of the Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals", just as the left's behavior in recent years is straight out of Skousen's "The Naked Communist". Neither this, nor all the Trump derangement, is "partisan politics". It is the radical left vs the center, with the Overton window shifted out into ridiculous territory, and the actual "radical right" all but extinct.

Ok, rant over. I apologize for being such a d*ck. frown