Thanks again gentleman, but I'll freely admit much of my website is only building upon or organizing the research of others: Dr. Gaddy, David Noreen, Larry Brown, Daryl Hallquist, Dr Bob, Bro. Walt, Raimey, more than can be mentioned here and on the LCSCA site; and regarding damascus obviously Pete Mikaljunas.

No one in the world understand pattern welded barrel fabrication better than Steve Culver, and some of his very valuable contributions are here, and the exciting news is that he has more fascinating stuff in the works
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jQPuv4yOXpTppdXkAiyGj6LC5bXDAYBCR1DME9lB0JM/edit

When this thing that sorta got out of hand started I was not as careful with documenting the sources of images (and many contributors ask not to be acknowledged) and this has been on my home page for many years "Some of the pictures which appear originated on internet discussion forums and firearm auction sites. Attribution has been made when possible, but we will remove any image if notified that the use thereof is a violation of Copyright or Intellectual Property restrictions."
Without these images, graciously provided by many here, the website would be of little value, so thanks again to all.

I've shared this before, but it's worth repeating

John of Salisbury, Metalogicon, 1159
"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."