Originally Posted By: Stan
I think you're right, Don. And I also believe that more a person shoots, the more sensitive they are to such minor differences.

There are vast differences in how people perceive, and notice things. I am very noticeable of symmetry, paintings hanging crooked on a wall, things out of balance.....while my wife is not. She however, notices many things I don't, and the things that bug her I don't pay any attention to. I think that people's "wiring" may be as different as their fingerprints.

Stan, what you have said has made more sense to me than anything else said on this topic!! In my 60+ years of shooting I have come to categorize recoil as follows: 1. Kicks like a mule, or 2. Noticeable, but tolerable. Not very scientific and I am certainly not belittling the learned comments made by others here in this post, but I feel recoil differently on any given day depending on so many different factors that I just choose to ignore them. Besides, when the shout of "rooster" is heard in the field, I would not hesitate to throw a howitzer to my shoulder and fire away!!!

SRH

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member